Skip to main content

Wizkidz Childminding - Avery, Natasha

I am very keen to get the children outside while in my care. Outings to Manor Farm Country Park and Music Classes are outings which I offer, amongst many more. I offer flexible care for older children.

This setting has signed up to offer Tax Free Childcare.

Who to contact

02381 550233
07773 213 319
Wizkidz Childminding

Where to go

Children's Centre Areas
Woolston Peartree

Time / Date Details

Time of day
Early Morning

Other Details


Table of costs
Table of costs
AmountCost Type
£3.80 Per Hour
Lunch is charged at £1 and tea £1.20 per meal per day


Age Ranges
From 0 years 6 months to 16 years 0 months

Inclusion Information

Special Needs

2015: Completed and passed Level 4 module on Special Educational Needs run by the University of Gloucestershire

Childcare Information


Immediate vacancies
Full currently but please check availability again Not working Bank Holidays
Date updated

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding

30 Hours Extended Entitlement

Intending to provide 30 hours entitlement
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement

Opening Times

Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 07:00 18:30
Tuesday 07:00 18:30
Wednesday 07:00 18:30
Thursday 07:00 18:30
Friday 07:00 18:30


Vacancy Age Ranges
Vacancy Age Ranges
Age RangeVacancies

School Pickups

Offers pickups
Woolston Infant School
St Patricks RC Primary School
I can drop off and pick up at St Patricks Primary School, only pick up from Woolston Infant School

Ofsted Information

Ofsted URN
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 

Local Offer


The Services for Young Children, Children’s Sure Start Centres and Health Visiting Team would be able to provide information and advice.

Parents/carers are always welcome to discuss their child’s progress.

I can be contacted on 07773 213 319 Mon-Fri 7.00am-6.00pm or home 02380 448 493

My website is

Contact Telephone
Contact Email

Other Education Extended Local Offer details from Wizkidz Childminding - Avery, Natasha

How does your education setting know if children/young people need extra help and what do I do if I think my child has special educational needs?

All children in the Early Years sector are monitored and observed through the Early Years outcomes and in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).  When a child turns 2, a further development check is carried out which the parent/carer passes onto their health visitor.

At the beginning of the Child’s placement with me, meetings with the parent’s and any other professional’s notes will form a baseline assessment of their current level of development.

Every term each child has a progress report which will determine where they are in their development and what their next steps are for the following term.

How will the education setting staff support my child / young person?

As a childminder I work alone, I give continuous care and make sure each child is safe, secure and supported in their development as well as emotionally and physically well.

Parents/carers get daily face to face updates about their child’s progress and milestones.  When a child starts, I find out as much information about them as possible, establish their strengths and weaknesses, areas for development, any customs at home, and language spoken.  This helps me create a picture of the child enabling me to support them in the best way possible.

How will the curriculum at your education setting be matched to my child / young person's needs?

Most planning is ‘child led’, it’s important to plan activities around a child’s interests, along with guidance from me for their next steps.


I use the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum to help with each child’s development


Every child is individual and all children will have their own aims and goals within their learning journey, this will help me provide one to one support to every child where necessary.

Continued observations, and following the Early Years Outcomes, helps me to focus on all areas of the child’s development and flag up any areas that need more focus and attention.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child / young person's learning?

Every child is different and will therefore be working towards their own goals.  To assist and support with this I regularly observe the children and evaluate what they do, referencing back to the EYFS.  Any issues or concerns are discussed with the parent/carer.  If further help is needed, my local development officer, and the Local Authority are available to offer me help or support in my provision.

All toys and resources are age appropriate to the children who attend my setting.

What support will there be for my child / young person's overall wellbeing?

Whilst a child is in my care, I am responsible for providing a safe and secure environment, as well as making sure each child is emotionally and physically safe.

My setting has been risk assessed for safety, including regular checks of toys and resources.

The children have designed house rules which everyone should follow. 

I am paediatric first aid trained.

Any medication is stored safely and out of the reach of children.  A record book is kept including details of all medication held and dosage required/administered, along with time of administration which is then recorded and signed by the parent.

I have received level 3 safeguarding training, my setting has policies on safeguarding/child protection, special needs and equal opportunities/inclusion.

What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by your education setting?

Having one of my own children needing seech and language therapy, I have been able to identify gaps within this area and have worked with the Speech and Language Therapist to overcome these speech barriers.

I also have a strong network of support from other child minders.

I can also access further advice from my local development worker and local authority.

What training are the staff supporting children and young people with SEN and Disabilities had or are having?

I am paediatric first aid trained, and renew this every 3 years.

Training is on- going when necessary enabling me to keep up to date on current issues and training.

I am also happy to work with parents/carers and other outside agencies to learn specific skills to support children with additional needs.

How will my child / young person be included in activities including trips run by your setting?

Activities and outings are planned and are discussed with parents/carers.

All outings are risk assessed beforehand to make sure each child’s requirements are met.

How accessible is your education setting? ( indoors and outdoors)

I work from my semi-detached house in Woolston, Southampton.  Access is via the side of my house via our shared driveway.  I have no wheelchair access.  The ground floor is used for child minding as is the bathroom/toilet located upstairs.

I have a secure rear garden for outside play with access to a gate for fire evacuation.  I am also close to our local park.

How will the education setting prepare and support my child / young person to join the education setting, transfer to a new setting and or the next education stage and life?

Before a child starts I offer settling in sessions.  This helps parents and their child to get to know me and to stagger their transition period.  I help and work with parents to make sure the transitions to and from pre-school or primary school are also as smooth as possible.

How are the education setting resources allocated and matched to children and young people's Special Educational Needs and disabilities?

Funding can be claimed for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).  If I do not have the required resources then I would apply for funding from my Local Authority to assist me in obtaining these resources for each individual child.  I would also attend any necessary training to assist me.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child /young person will receive?

I will closely observe your child and decide whether or not your child will benefit from extra support once the 2 year check has been done.  Conversations between parents, myself and development officer will be completed.  If necessary an Individual Education Plan (IEP) will be arranged for your child.

How are parents / young people currently involved in your education setting? How can I be involved?

Parents will be kept up to date about their child’s progress and care.  It is important I work with all parents to help me to promote their children’s learning and development as much as possible.

Share your feedback on this page ∇

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Back to top


Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this directory, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any errors that have occurred. It is recommended that you always check with providers that their service or organisation meets your requirements. We offer an impartial service and we cannot recommend or endorse any providers listed.

Further information