The Star Project is Yellow Door's award winning education and outreach initiative which works in schools and youth venues to promote healthy relationship skills and reduce the high incidence of domestic and sexual abuse locally. The project also raises awareness of support services via creative and innovative workshops offering specialist interventions that explore consent, respect, mutuality, coercion, sexual exploitation, risk and the impact of substance misuse.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Frankie Snow
- Contact Position
- STAR Co-ordinator
- 023 8063 6312
- Star Project website
All Star work is framed by four key aims:
- To raise awareness of the issues surrounding domestic and sexual abuse
- To assist young people in developing skills around negotiating respect and consent within relationships
- To provide information to young people about relevant guidance, advice and support agencies
- To develop targeted work with young people
Please see downloads for details of the latest BRIGHT STARS PROGRAMME.
Where to go
- Various schools and youth settings in the city
- Children's Centre Areas
STAR runs in all secondary schools in the city as well as primary schools (dependant on funding). It also runs in youth settings.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Time of day
Term time only
- Session Information
Varied sessions - contact Co-ordinator for sessions required
- Referral required
- Any Other Notes
STAR use a range of creative methods of delivery including drama productions based on child sexual exploitation and other sexual relationship education issues.