The Research Institute for Disabled Consumers is the leading expert in user-centred research involving disabled and older consumers. We are an independent, national charity with a board of twelve trustees, all of whom have personal experience of disability.
Founded by the Consumers’ Association, now Which?, we have over 50 years’ experience of specialist research and publishing high-quality information
We do three things:
- We provide consumer information and user reviews to help disabled and older people choose the right products and services to lead an independent life
- We help businesses improve products and services
- And we take the voice of disabled and older consumers to decision makers
All of our work is carried out by our research forum of 700+ disabled and older consumers, who take part in mystery shopping and research projects.
Our consumer research forum is unique, providing us with a range of people who assist us with our research projects.
Join our consumer research forum
Are you a disabled or older person living in the UK? If yes, then why not use your knowledge and experience to help the Research Institute for Disabled Consumers with its research?
For too long in the UK there’s been disjointed planning in the design of products and services and a failure to appreciate people’s needs for them to be really accessible and inclusive.
We're determined to improve things through our research with members of our forum.
That’s why we really want you to join us.
As a valued member, you may be asked to take part in research including:
- mystery shopping
- usability testing of products
- surveys and questionnaires
- focus groups