Yellow Door is a long-standing charity in Southampton that works with all genders and backgrounds who have experienced sexual and/or domestic abuse – through the provision of needs led services to include information, advocacy, education and therapeutic support. Any unwanted sexual experience can have a significant impact on the individual both emotionally and physically.
Yellow Doors services are free of charge and aim to be accessible to all of their local communities – providing support that meets diverse needs, reduces harm, supports recovery and helps rebuild lives in. Yellow Door supports people in Southampton and Hampshire. They work with young people from the ages of 4 years onwards, all genders, individuals and families, as well as providing information, advice and support to agencies who are working with affected individuals. Services include:
- Preventative and education work in schools, youth groups and colleges through their award-winning The Star Project.
- A telephone Helpline providing free, confidential advice, support and information (the number will not show up on a phone bill or phone display) – every Wednesday between 4-7pm. 023 8063 6313
- ISVA (Independent Sexual Violence Advisor) support to individuals and their families who are thinking about or already engaged in reporting their experience and engaging with the criminal justice system.
- Diversity and Inclusion Advocacy Service to support those who might otherwise struggle to access domestic/sexual violence support services
- Educational groups for women and families who have been impacted by domestic abuse.
- Trauma Focused Intervention service supports adults who have experienced a recent sexual trauma, helping them manage a symptoms of trauma.
- One-to-one and group therapy through our Adult Counselling Service or Young People's Counselling Service.
- Support for families who are struggling with the impact of sexual or domestic abuse through Family Therapy.
You can find us on social media: