Skip to main content

Bladon, Sally Ann

I work in the mornings at a local Primary School as a Teaching Assistant, which I have been employed for 6 1/2 years. I have lots of varied experience working with all ages and also LSA experience with one to one care with a child with speech and language difficulties. I have a large, safe, secure garden and Riverside Park is just down the road! My childcare room is large with lots of fun things to do. I offer flexible care for older children.

This setting has signed up to offer Tax Free Childcare.


Who to contact

023 8057 1844
07887 601 088

Where to go

Children's Centre Areas
Bitterne Bitterne Park

Time / Date Details

Time of day
Early Morning

Other Details


Table of costs
Table of costs
AmountCost Type
£4.00 Per Hour
£32.00 Per Day


Age Ranges
From 1 year 0 months to 12 years 11 months

Childcare Information


Immediate vacancies
Date updated

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding

30 Hours Extended Entitlement

Intending to provide 30 hours entitlement
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement

Opening Times

Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 7.30am 5.30pm
Tuesday 7.30am 5.30pm
Wednesday 7.30am 5.30pm
Thursday 7.30am 5.30pm
Friday 7.30am 4pm


Maximum number of Vacancies

Vacancy Age Ranges
Vacancy Age Ranges
Age RangeVacancies
2-4 1
5-7 1
8-11 2

School Pickups

Offers pickups
Riverside Pre-School Bitterne
Bitterne Park School
Bitterne Park Primary School

Ofsted Information

Ofsted URN
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 

Local Offer


The Services for Young Children, Children’s Centres/ Sure start and Health
Visiting Team would all be able to provide information and advice.
I operate an open door policy and parents and carers are welcome to
come in at any appropriate time to discuss their child’s progress, face to face.

I can be contacted on 07887 601088 Mon-Fri 7.45am – 6.00pm.


Contact Name
Sally Ann Meleder
Contact Telephone
07887 601088
Contact Email

Other Education Extended Local Offer details from Bladon, Sally Ann

How does your education setting know if children/young people need extra help and what do I do if I think my child has special educational needs?

The needs of the children who are new to my setting are identified through discussions with their parents/carers and any other professionals involved with the family - this enables me to identify the starting points in your child’s learning journey.
All children attending my childminding service are tracked and observed in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
 A two year old development check is carried out when necessary and shared with parents during which time any concerns regarding development will be discussed.
Parents have access to their child’s online ‘Tapestry’ learning journal and are also given their child’s observation folder including their tracking on a termly basis.
We meet up regularly to share progress, and discuss appropriate next steps for your child. At the beginning and end of each day there is time for you to discuss any concerns or information with me.

How will the education setting staff support my child / young person?

As I work on my own I care for all the children adapting to their individual needs to the best of my ability supporting your child whilst they are away from home. This helps build confidence and positive self-esteem, helping your child to feel secure emotionally and physically.
I share each child’s observation folder with their parents or carers and communicate regularly and answer queries.
I offer reassurance and inform the parents or carers of their child’s progress and ensure they are provided with all necessary information.
When a child starts at my setting, parents will be asked questions about
their child so that I can focus on their strengths, areas for development, home life, interests and language which help to identify the types of activities or support to be provided.

How will the curriculum at your education setting be matched to my child / young person's needs?

I plan for each session depending on the needs of the particular children that I have on that day. Most of the day’s activities are ‘child-led’, so that their learning is built around the children’s interests; with guidance from me for their individual next steps. I provide activities for your child to learn within their area of need. I use the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum as a guide for the children’s development.
Your child is a unique person. I allow them to explore and investigate, in a rich environment, with support, ensuring their safety and expanding on their experiences as well as offering one-to-one support.
Observations are made of your child and an assessment is made which will highlight areas of development that may need to be focused on. Planning will then be addressed within these areas of learning.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child / young person's learning?

I constantly observe and track the children in my care, I share my observations and the child’s development with their parents regularly. Every child has their own individual needs and to cater for this, I
observe them during play and evaluate these in order to take their learning forward. Any concerns are shared and discussed with parents on a regular basis. If a child is not making progress, I can access further support from my Development Officer, the Local Authority or seek advice from other professionals.
Where English is not a child's first language I can work with my Development Officer to access resources to support the child in my provision.
I have a range of resources which your child can access that are age related or support the developmental stages. This includes large print books, audio, visual equipment, flash cards, books in different languages and I also share and borrow resources from other childminders.

What support will there be for my child / young person's overall wellbeing?

I will ensure your child is safe and secure; both emotionally and physically at my setting and out and about throughout the transition from home – based care to pre-school and later to full time education.
I maintain an inclusive service. My provision is risk assessed before each session and at the end of each day e.g. cleaned and checked for broken toys and furniture etc.
House rules made by the children are put in place as required.
I am trained in paediatric first aid and hold a current certificate. All medication is stored in a secure place. A record book is kept of all medications held and dosage, time of administration is recorded and signed by the parent.
I and any other adults in the house over 16 are DBS (Disclosure and
Barring Service) checked. I have trained at level 3 safeguarding which is updated regularly.
My service policies include safeguarding/child protection, prevent, special needs and equal opportunities/inclusion.
I do not use photographic devices unless all other parents and carers have given their consent. I am registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) for retention of any photos and data kept by me.


What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by your education setting?

I have worked as a Learning Support Assistant LSA at a local Primary school for 9 years working with all different year groups and different ability children.

I have referred children to the local speech and language provision when necessary.
I have a strong network of support from other childminders.

I can access further expertise from my Development Worker, the Local Authority or seek advice from other professionals.

What training are the staff supporting children and young people with SEN and Disabilities had or are having?

Training is undertaken regularly to ensure necessary knowledge and to enhance my professional development as the need arises.

I am always happy to work closely with parent/ carers and outside agencies to learn specific skills to support children with additional or specific needs.

I hold a current paediatric first aid certificate.

How will my child / young person be included in activities including trips run by your setting?

When planning any activities or outings which will involve their child, I will always liaise with parents welcoming any input and feedback.
All areas visited are wheelchair/buggy accessible and a risk assessment is carried out prior to the outing to ensure each child’s requirements are met and that the chosen area is suitable and safe for all children concerned in my care.

How accessible is your education setting? ( indoors and outdoors)

I work from my home in a detached house in Bitterne Park, Southampton.
I have the main access through the front door. I have steps at the rear of the property to enter the garden. I have no wheelchair access. The ground floor of my house is used for childminding and I have downstairs toilet facilities.
I have a secure, enclosed rear garden for outside play and I am close to local parks and schools.

How will the education setting prepare and support my child / young person to join the education setting, transfer to a new setting and or the next education stage and life?

I ask new children and families to attend 2 settling in sessions before they start. This gives an opportunity for parents and children to meet me and my family, and to get used to my setting which in time will settle the child when the parents decide to leave them.
For children moving on to primary school, transitions are supported in the same way. Primary school teachers come and visit your child in the home environment and are welcome to visit my provision too. Each child has the opportunity to visit their school on more than one occasion before starting. I will liaise with the child’s pre-school/primary school, sharing recent observations and learning stories.

How are the education setting resources allocated and matched to children and young people's Special Educational Needs and disabilities?

Funding can be claimed for children with special educational needs and Disabilities (SEND).
If I do not have the required resources then I would apply for funding from my Local Authority to assist me in obtaining these resources for each individual child.
If necessary I would attend training to ensure I understand the best way to help your child.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child /young person will receive?

I will observe and make a decision on whether your child needs and will benefit from extra support with the additional information from the two year check, if necessary.
This will be discussed with my Development Officer and further support may be implemented if necessary.
If necessary an Individual Education Plan (IEP) will be devised for your child with your input.
This is reviewed over a term to learn what impact the support has had on your child, and what should be put in to place next.

How are parents / young people currently involved in your education setting? How can I be involved?

Parents will be consulted whenever possible and kept up to date with their child's progress and care.
They are regularly asked for any ideas for activities to extend their child’s individual interests through play.
I ask all parents to work with me on their children’s learning and development. I share each child’s progress regularly and discuss any concerns or suggestions with the parents. I am always available for chats and discussions about their child.

Share your feedback on this page ∇

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Back to top


Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this directory, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any errors that have occurred. It is recommended that you always check with providers that their service or organisation meets your requirements. We offer an impartial service and we cannot recommend or endorse any providers listed.

Further information