The Red Cross team is here to listen to you, be there with you as you step out and make a fresh start, and help you connect with other local people.
Are you living with loneliness or social isolation - or know someone who is? We can help you connect with your local community and meet new friends.
How we can help
One of our local Connecting Communities team will help you to explore your interests and start doing the things you want, such as:
- meeting new friends
- connecting with local activities and services
- rediscovering your interests or finding new ones
- building your confidence
Our support will be tailored to your needs and will last for up to 12 weeks. We’ll join in with your activities and chat with you regularly about how you feel and what progress you’re making. We’ll aim to make sure you feel able to keep up your activities once our support ends.
We can help people of all ages who feel isolated or alone. You may be:
- a new parent
- just out of hospital
- recently separated or divorced
- just moved to the area and don’t know where to start
- dealing with an illness or condition that limits your ability to get out.
We're happy to chat about your specific situation if you'd like to know more about the service.