The Stage Door Youth Theatre (SDYT) opened its doors in September 2015, and offer members the chance to be part of a new and exciting theatre organisation for children and young people. Our close involvement with the venue's ongoing programme of events, as well as access to all of its theatre facilities, will ensure Members have maximum opportunity to grow and develop in both personality and performance skill.
As well as being suitable for all abilities, our limit on class numbers will ensure each Member receives sufficient individual attention in order to develop their confidence both on and off the stage.
We've had some exciting times since the start of 2016 - in January, after increased demand, we started our weekend classes, every Sunday (details below). This was followed by news of fabulous comedian Jason Manford becoming our official Patron in February!
For only £40/79 per term (£3.30 per hour!), SDYT Members can expect:
- Fun sessions in Singing, Dance and Drama
- A happy and encouraging environment
- Weekly classes, either Mondays 4:30-6:30pm (ages 7+), or Sundays 9:30-10:30am (ages 4-6) and 10:30am-12:30pm (ages 7+)
- Holiday workshops and masterclasses with professionals
- Sessions tailored to age group
- The opportunity to be on stage in every session
- Guaranteed development in performance skills
- An increase in confidence and social skills
- To meet others their age with similar interests
- Opportunities to perform alongside the venue's resident theatre company, Music Theatre South
- 50% Sibling and Bring-a-Friend discounts, and FREE TRIALS
The Stage Door Youth Theatre tutors are welcoming, friendly, and reassuring. Each tutor is DBS checked, trained at a London Drama School, and has a wealth of both teaching and professional performing experience.
If The Stage Door Youth Theatre appeals to you, why not get in touch and come along for a FREE trial? Book your place now or let us know of any questions - just email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!