Skip to main content

Becoming a Childminder in Southampton

Have you considered working as a childminder in Southampton? Further information about the process, the requirements and qualifications can be found in the 'Working as a childminder' section of the Southampton Information Directory.

As your childminding registration with Ofsted will be based on where you will be working (normally your own home) it is important to check which local authority area the property is located in.

Please first check the postcode here to ensure the property is within the Southampton City Council local authority area.

If you live in the surrounding areas of the city such as West End / Hedge End / Netley / Hamble / Bursledon / Rownhams / Chilworth / Nursling / Totton etc. it is likely you will need to contact Hampshire County Council for the relevant information for your area. 

In May 2017 Ofsted published new guidance on 'How to register as a childminder or nanny: quick guide' to help explain how the process of registering with Ofsted works.  Southampton City Council can offer advice and support to help you through this process so please follow the information provided in the 'Working as a childminder' website link below.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Family Information Service
023 8083 3014
Working as a childminder

Share your feedback on this page ∇

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Back to top