Phab's aim is to promote and encourage people of all abilities to come together on equal terms, to achieve complete inclusion within the wider community. Phab celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 2007, having been established in 1957.
PHAB (Physically Handicapped and Able Bodied)
Who to contact
- Any Other Notes
Phab creates opportunities for children and adults of all abilities to enjoy life together by:
- Supporting a network of around 180 clubs throughout England and Wales for all age-ranges, offering activities and holidays which members can share and enjoy together.
- Promoting and encouraging self-confidence and independence in young people of all abilities through a range of diverse projects.
- Funding special residential breaks – inclusive experiences for disabled and non-disabled children and young people to share in a full range of adventurous outdoor activities at fully accessible activity centres offering specialist tuition.
- Providing specially equipped and fully accessible holiday units at an award-winning beach site in Dorset at affordable weekly rates.
- Organising national and regional events for Phab club members and supporters to enjoy together and to promote the Phab philosophy of inclusion.