Skip to main content

Happy Bunnies Pre-School

We are a popular pre-school in the Sholing area, offering extended pre-school hours and are located in the grounds of St Monica Primary School.  We provide good quality care and education for all children, with welcoming and friendly staff who have a vast amount of experience and qualifications to care and educate  your child.

This setting has signed up to offer Tax Free Childcare.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Claire Jones
Contact Position
02380 443404
Charity number
Company number

Where to go

Viceroy Road
SO19 8FJ
Children's Centre Areas

Other Details


Languages spoken


Table of costs
Table of costs
AmountCost Type
£14.30 for 2 year olds Per Session
£14.07 for 3 and 4 years olds Per Session


Age Ranges
From 2 years 3 months to 4 years 0 months

Inclusion Information

Special Needs

Has Provision
Experience with
Challenging Behaviour
Learning difficulties
Language impairment
Behaviour management
Speech and Language delay
Autistic spectrum disorder
Special Educational Needs
Social development impairment
Epi pen trained
Serious allergy
Emotional needs
Deafness Or Hard Of Hearing

Childcare Information


Immediate vacancies
Date updated

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding

30 Hours Extended Entitlement

Intending to provide 30 hours entitlement
Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement

Opening Times

Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 08:45 14:45
Tuesday 08:45 14:45
Wednesday 08:45 14:45
Thursday 08:45 14:45
Friday 08:45 14:45

School Pickups

Offers pickups

Ofsted Information

Ofsted URN
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 

Local Offer


If you wish to discuss anything regarding your child then you can speak to their key person. If further help or support is needed you can speak to the Pre-school SENDCo (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Coordinator), the Lead Practitioner or the Manager.

They can be contacted by telephone or email.Lead Practitioner: Andrea Harvey

Manager: Claire Jones

If you need further advice or support we may refer you to other professionals. 

Contact Name
Nicola Green (SENDCo)
Contact Telephone
Contact Email

Other Education Extended Local Offer details from Happy Bunnies Pre-School

How does your education setting know if children/young people need extra help and what do I do if I think my child has special educational needs?

We monitor children’s individual progress closely and use a number of means to identify any special educational needs: 

  • Information from parents/carers, feedback from other professional organisations or agencies
  • staff/key person observations
  • Two Year Progress Report, Termly Progress Reports 

If you have any concerns regarding your child's development or education, this can be discussed with your child's key person, the Lead, the Manager or the Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo).

If any special needs are identified, your child's key person and the SENCo will work closely with yourself and any relevant organisations to ensure that the needs of your child are being met.

How will the education setting staff support my child / young person?

If your child has a special educational need, you will be invited in to help complete an Individual Education Plan (IEP) which will be completed by the SENDCo, key person, yourself and sometimes your child.

This plan will identify your child's need/needs and be tailored especially for them, giving them manageable targets and outlining the things they find enjoyable or difficult.

This plan will be used to monitor your child's progress and will be reviewed frequently (at least half termly). Each time it is reviewed you will be invited in for your input.

How will the curriculum at your education setting be matched to my child / young person's needs?

All staff are involved in the planning process which is updated every 2 weeks.  Each child's next steps are planned for around their interests to help them progress.

If your child is identified with a special educational need our SENDCo and the key person will discuss how best to support them. This will reflect in the planning of activities around age and stage appropriate resources.

Sometimes support and advice from our local Early Years Advisory Teacher will be requested (with your written permission).

Your child's key person will collect observations and assessments which are used to support their learning and development and record these in a document called the ‘Learning Story’.  This will be shared with you every term or on request. This is an opportunity for you to speak with your child's key person and plan together their next steps.

Your child may have an Individual Education Plan which is used to give them smaller, more focused targets based around activities that are planned for all children.

How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child / young person's learning?

You will be invited to termly meetings with your child's key person to look at their Learning Story and discuss their progress.

If an IEP is in place you will be invited in to regular updates to discuss your child's learning. You are very welcome to speak to the key person or the SENDCo to share any day to day concerns or to discuss your child's progress.

We can also offer advice or suggestions on how you can support your child's development and learning. Two way diaries can be a useful tool when shared between you and ourselves to keep a record of daily progress. We ask any information from outside agencies or organisations are shared with us to help plan and support your child.  

What support will there be for my child / young person's overall wellbeing?

The majority of staff have up to date First Aid Training in paediatric care which is renewed every 3 years.

All staff have a DBS check to ensure their suitability to work with children. 

Our recruitment process ensure we employ staff with the qualifications and experience to support the development and needs of your child.

We have a policy in place for administering medicines and are willing to take any necessary training to enable us to administer specialized treatment or medicine to your child.

We have a policy to promote positive behaviour and have experience in dealing with various behaviour issues.

We are committed to dealing with these issues in a positive way, modelling desired positive behaviour and intervening when children struggle with conflict and emotional situations.

We have access to expert advice to support us if necessary.

Staff are fully trained in safeguarding your child and follow the procedures in our Safeguarding Policy.

It is important your child regularly attends pre-school to help them gain confidence in our routine, understanding boundaries, adapting behaviour, building relationships and developing self-care skills.

What specialist services and expertise are available at or accessed by your education setting?

We have access to various organisations and professionals that can support your child. These include:

  •  Early Years Advisory Teacher
  •  Health Visitor
  •  Speech and Language Therapist
  •  Educational Psychologist

We have experience of working with children with:

  • Severe allergies and are trained in administering Epipen
  • Children with behavioural difficulties and promote positive behaviour at all times.
  • We have a member of staff who has worked with children with learning difficulties and children on the Autistic Spectrum

A member of staff is shortly undertaking specialist training in strategies to support children on the Autistic Spectrum. We promote Makaton (a communication aid often used to support children with special needs). Staff are aware of strategies to support children with speech and language difficulties. We have experience of dealing with the personal care of a child with a prolapsed bowel.    

What training are the staff supporting children and young people with SEN and Disabilities had or are having?

Training individual staff members have received include:

  • ECAT (Every Child's A Talker) to encourage good communication
  • Inclusion training to ensure all children are welcomed and given the opportunity to take part in all activities as far as possible
  • Makaton       
  • SENDCo training
  • Health and Safety
  • Safeguarding, First Aid
  • Attachment

 Prevent Duty training.

How will my child / young person be included in activities including trips run by your setting?

Sometimes we use the school hall and field which are both fully accessible and will carry out a risk assessment before any activity commences. We will liaise with you to ensure your child can access the activities.

How accessible is your education setting? ( indoors and outdoors)

We will liaise with you to try to adapt the environment to meet your child's specific need.  We use Makaton and visual aids around the setting to support communication. If English is not your first language we will find the best way to communicate with you. E.g. translating letters, explaining letters face to face.                                                                                                             

How will the education setting prepare and support my child / young person to join the education setting, transfer to a new setting and or the next education stage and life?

Before your child joins our Pre-school we will invite you and your child in for a visit. We will discuss your child's specific needs and how best we can support them. Help will be given to complete all the paperwork.

Your child will be allocated a key person who will support them throughout their time at Happy Bunnies.

Before your child moves on to school we will contact the school and discuss your child's overall development.

We will invite the school to visit your child at the Pre-school and whenever possible make arrangements for your child's keyperson or SENDCo to visit the school with them.

How are the education setting resources allocated and matched to children and young people's Special Educational Needs and disabilities?

We can apply for funding once an Education, Health and Care Assessment (EHCA) has been agreed. For all three- and four-year-olds (and eligible two-year-olds) who are undergoing an assessment, we can potentially receive a one-off payment to support us for the duration of this assessment process, if this is considered by the Local Authority to be needed. Following this process, if it is agreed that your child will receive an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) then we will receive any funding attached to this to enable us to meet your child’s needs as outlined in the plan.

If your child has an EHCP we will discuss with you how any additional funding is used to meet your child’s specific needs. For example, we may use some of it for extra 1:1 learning support time, and some for buying resources which will help promote your child’s development. This all depends on the individual needs of a child.

In some cases it may be possible to access financial assistance from the Local Authority to provide support that may only be required for a short period of time, for example to help towards the cost of a worker, for up to six months. This is assessed on an individual needs basis by the Local Authority.

We will try to match our existing staff expertise and our resources to your child's special educational need.

However when this is not possible, and if funding allows, we will attend relevant training and purchase additional resources based on their individual need.

How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child /young person will receive?

Your child's keyperson along with the Pre-school SENDCo will discuss your child’s specific need with you and decide the best way to support them.

Together an Individual Education Plan (IEP) will be drawn up and other relevant agencies and professionals may be contacted. The IEP will be monitored and the targets will be reviewed regularly (usually every half term). You will be invited in for this review. The expectation is for your child to continue to make small steps in their learning and development. 

If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) in place this will state your child's specific need and how we can support them to meet the outcomes within the plan.

How are parents / young people currently involved in your education setting? How can I be involved?

We are a Parent Management Committee pre-school. The Committee are involved in making key decisions on how the pre-school is run. Every committee member will be required to apply for a DBS. We welcome parent volunteers and value your support.

Share your feedback on this page ∇

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Back to top