Skip to main content

Search Results

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Apply for a school place

To apply for a school place, change an existing school place, find your catchment area or see the school admissions policies please see the Southampton City Council School Admissions information.

SEND Review

What is the SEND Review? The Department for Education (DfE) published the SEND and alternative provision green paper on Tuesday 29 March 2022. It sets out our proposals for a system that offers children and young people the opportunity to thrive, with access to the…

SEND Document Hub

The SEND Document Hub is a NEW central area on the SEND Local Offer website where you can find the forms you need without having to search the website.  The information you will find in the Document Hub includes key guidance and forms in respect…

Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans

Education, Health & Care Assessments and Plans The Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) replaces the ‘Statement of Special of Educational Needs’ and can apply to children, young people and young adults from birth to the age of 25, providing that those over 16 are…

Co-production in the City

Southampton City Council work in conjunction with Rose Road Association and various other local organisations/groups to co-produce Special Educational Needs and Disability Services in the City. SEND Local Offer Development It was identified that the SEND Local Offer/website was not as user friendly/accessible and meaningful as…

Southampton Accessibility Statement

Accessibility Statement - August 2014 Introduction The Equality Act 2010 and related Equality Duty 2011 reiterate the duty upon schools as laid out in the previous Disability Discrimination Act 1995. The accompanying guidance for schools makes it clear that schools continue to have a duty…

Higher Education support

Students living in England who are accessing higher education can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if they have a: Disability Long-term health condition Mental health condition Specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia. The amount of support received through the DSA depends on individual…

Relationships at home

Having relationships with your family can provide you with support and guidance throughout life. However sometimes in life, relationships with your family members can get difficult. This can make it awkward to talk to them about things. Remember, there are no 'perfect' families, but some…


For many people, partners, sex and relationships can be really hard to talk about. You can use the links below to get helpful information and facts about relationships, and how best to deal with them. Lesbian, gay or bisexual If you are lesbian, gay or bisexual, you…

Functional CVs

« Back to CVs index A functional CV highlights major areas of accomplishment and strength, and allows you to organise these in an order that best supports your work objectives and job targets. Use four or five separate paragraphs of sections, each one headlining a particular…
Total pages 3

Share your feedback on this page ∇

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Back to top


Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this directory, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any errors that have occurred. It is recommended that you always check with providers that their service or organisation meets your requirements. We offer an impartial service and we cannot recommend or endorse any providers listed.

Further information