Skip to main content

In some areas, respite care is provided by your local authority after you've had a carer's assessment. In other areas, access to respite care is provided through a community care assessment for the person you're looking after.

It's therefore best to make sure that both of you are assessed. The local authority will consider what help you need and decide which community care services it will provide to help you.

Local authorities charge for some community care services. This information is available from your local authority's social services department.

If you're finding it difficult to get respite care, your local carers' centre or Crossroads branch can give you information about local support. Use our directory of local carers' services to find your nearest local carers' centre or respite service.

Share your feedback on this page ∇

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Back to top