Skip to main content


Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this directory, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any errors that have occurred. It is recommended that you always check with providers that their service or organisation meets your requirements. We offer an impartial service and we cannot recommend or endorse any providers listed.

Further information

If you are concerned that someone may be at risk of abuse or know of a worrying situation, please do not ignore it. If you are worried that a vulnerable adult is at risk of harm, please contact:

Adult Health & Social Care: 023 8083 3003

Email address:

Postal Address: Adult Social Care, Southampton City Council Civic Centre, Southampton, SO14 7LY

Alternatively, you can report abuse or concerns about an adult via the Southampton City Council website.

If there is a danger to life, a risk of injury or a crime is taking place, call the Police by dialling 999

If the vulnerable adult is living in a registered care home or receiving domiciliary (home) care services, you can contact the Care Quality Commission (CQC) on 03000 616 161

What you can do if you think someone is being abused

  • Take action - don’t assume that someone else is doing something about the situation
  • If anyone is injured get a doctor or ambulance
  • Make a note of your concerns, what happened and any action you take
  • Let us know by either telephoning us or completing our form
  • All safeguarding matters will be dealt with confidentially, though if the issues concern evidence of a crime, or unacceptable risk, this may be shared with the appropriate authorities
  • If you think a criminal offence has been committed, contact the police straight away

Share your feedback on this page ∇

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Back to top