This Southampton Safeguarding Children Partnership (SSCP) course will help to refresh your Child Protection Process (Level 3) knowledge and skills to most effectively practice in Southampton.
This course is multi-agency and will help you to carry out your crucial role ensuring agencies work together to protect children from harm. Learning from local and national serious case reviews is included in the course.
By the end of the course participants will have updated their knowledge in:
- current legislation, guidance and procedures relevant to Safeguarding Children
- how key messages and learning from local and national Serious Case Reviews can be embedded in practice
- the current definitions of abuse and neglect
- consent, confidentiality and information sharing
- understand professionals roles and responsibilities in the child protection process, CP conferences and core groups.
All sessions are run virtually via Zoom and;a link will be sent out prior to the course taking place.
26th July 2021
10th November 2021