Southampton Local Authority Scheme
At the time of writing Southampton City Council subscribes to the Local Authority membership to the Early Years Foundation Stage Forum to offer extra support to all those working within the EYFS
This gives you online access to:
- Membership of a hugely active community of teachers, practitioners, providers and professionals.
- A 24 hour resource for people in similar settings and situations.
- Downloadable resources, eg planning and policy templates, topic based focus plans and articles on all aspects of the EYFS.
- Your own local forum for meeting up online with practitioners from your area.
- Access to Tapestry recording system at a discounted rate.
Every provider in each setting is entitled to an account, so why wait?
Log in from home or work and discuss any aspect of your work.
How to access to Forum
Contact Workforce Development to get the Local Authority password.
Visit www.foundation-stage.info and click on register at the top of the page.
After approving the terms and conditions you will be presented with a short form to complete.
- Select a username and password of your own choice (you will need to remember this whenever you log in).
- Type in a valid email address. This is used to send newsletters and notifications of topics you are interested in. It's important to get this right as we will probably be letting you know of local events via this email address.
If you have completed the procedure above but have any difficulties please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note Southampton City Council reviews this subscription annually and reserves the right to cancel the Local Authority membership. In this event, you would be able to subscribe to the Forum as an individual member. Charges for this are avaliable on the Early Years Foundation Stage website.