This workshop is part of a suite of practical and interactive sessions designed to help you get the most out of your staff to achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and their families. Please note, it is recommended that you attend the first workshop: The Personal Victory as this underpins all the other workshops.
Regular supervision and appraisal fosters a culture of mutual support, teamwork and continuous improvement. This workshop explores the appraisal process to help you get the best out of your staff to achieve good outcomes for your service.
Length of course
Who should attend?
These workshops will focus on leading and managing staff in early years settings, but will be of interest to anyone who has to supervise staff. Please note Southampton City Council employees should ensure they also attend Leadership and Management training through Learning and Development.
You will be able to:
- Understand the role of appraisal in the development of staff.
- Understand your role as manager and the role of the member of staff in the appraisal process.
- Explore ways to conduct appraisals and provide genuine feedback to enhance the appraisal process.
- Develop knowledge in performance management.
- Write objectives that are SMART.
- Relate the training to your organisation and your role within it.