Ofsted inspections show us that we need to do more to support the development of early literacy skills. This workshop will look at the opportunities we provide to support the development of young children’s reading and writing, inside and outside.
Length of course
Who should attend?
This training is open to all, particularly those working in Early Years settings and in Year R.
Please could participants also be ready to discuss a popular activity or share a resource that they use to support:
1) Pre-reading/reading development in their setting.
2) Writing/mark-making development in their setting.
Delivered by: Hampshire Academy Training
You will be able to:
- Create curiosity for reading and writing by using sustained shared thinking opportunities.
- Develop a language rich environment to support emergent reading and writing.
- Relate opportunities to age and stage.
- Recognise opportunities for developing reading and writing skills inside and out.
- Provide exciting opportunities for young children to explore and share books to strengthen emergent literacy development.
|Prices for this course||Price|
|Southampton City Council maintained schools||£80|
|Subsidised price for Southampton PVI Early Years & Childcare providers and voluntary organisations||£60|
|Academies, Free Schools and other organisations||£85|
Beverages only included
Awaiting new date to be confirmed.