This is a virtual course run via Zoom, and is essential for people who have regular contact, or periods of intense but irregular, contact with children and young people to ensure that those working with children and young people understand and know how to safeguard children and how to respond when they suspect abuse.
Length of course
Who should attend?
- Early years providers
- Childcare providers
- All types of schools
- Health professionals
- Professionals working with children or families
Please note Southampton City Council staff should access Safeguarding Level 2 training through Learning and Development.
You will will be able to:
- Understand what we mean by safeguarding children and young people.
- Identify possible signs and symptoms of abuse and know what to do if neglect or abuse is suspected.
- Identify vulnerable groups.
- Understand the key legislation to safeguard and protect children and young people and your role within it.
- Reflect on learning from Serious Case Reviews and consider emerging key themes including Contextual Safeguarding.
- Understand the Southampton Children’s Advice and Duty Service, Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and how to referral.
- Understand PREVENT and how this links to safeguarding children and young people.
|Prices for this course||Price|
|Southampton maintained schools||£40|
|Southampton PVI Early Years & Childcare providers and voluntary organisations||£35|
|Academies, free schools and other organisations||£50|
Monday 8th November 2021
09.00 - 16.30
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Officer for Education Settings (Level 3) (if appropriate to your role)
- Identifying Need: Early Intervention and Making a Referral (Level 3) (if appropriate to your role)
- Child Protection Process (Level 3) (if appropriate to your role)