Skip to main content


Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this directory, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any errors that have occurred. It is recommended that you always check with providers that their service or organisation meets your requirements. We offer an impartial service and we cannot recommend or endorse any providers listed.

Further information

Information on Preparing for Adulthood

For young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) growing up and becoming an adult is a time of much change. They will be moving towards personal independence and setting out on their life path.

Young people with disabilities can experience difficulties in accessing information about transition as they make the move into adulthood. They may be receiving services from different agencies such as health, social care, voluntary agencies and education services and not know who to discuss their future plans, choices or concerns with.

When you turn 18, you are legally an adult. This means that you will no longer need help from children services. Instead you will need adult services.

We have pulled together all of the Preparing for Adulthood information under the SEND Local Offer.

Share your feedback on this page ∇

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Back to top