Practitioners wishing to apply for a Level 3 post, should hold a full and relevant Level 3 qualification. Post 2014, the qualification will have Early Years Educator in the title, for example:
- CACHE Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator) (VRQ).
- CACHE Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) (QCF).
- City & Guilds Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator) (QCF).
- Skillsfirst Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Early Years Educator).
- Pearson UK BTEC National Diploma in Children’s Play, Learning and Development (Early Years Educator).
To check whether a qualification is full and relevant, use the Ofqual Register of Regulated Qualifications ; or the DfE-approved qualifications list, pre- and post-2014.