Skip to main content

Complaints or concerns about a childcare provider

You should always raise any concerns you may have with your childcare provider. Your childcare provider should have a Complaints Policy, but here are some useful tips on what you should do.

  • Bring up any concerns you have in a formal chat with the childcare provider, listening to the provider's view point.
  • Make suggestions on how to solve the issue. Can you reach a compromise?
  • Agree on a plan of action. If necessary, agree a time and date to review the plan.
  • If things don’t improve, you can check your notice period in your contract and seek alternative childcare. Southampton's Family Information Service can help you find alternative childcare.

If you cannot resolve a concern or you feel unable to talk to the childcare provider then you can contact Ofsted's Early Years Complaints Helpline on 0300 123 4666. Ofsted can only help with complaints or concerns about the quality of care - not with complaints or disputes about fees or contracts.

Share your feedback on this page ∇

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

Back to top


Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in this directory, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any errors that have occurred. It is recommended that you always check with providers that their service or organisation meets your requirements. We offer an impartial service and we cannot recommend or endorse any providers listed.

Further information