The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requires all practitioners to use observation and assessment skills to inform planning. This course will look at how to make effective observations that will gather as much information as possible in order to inform your assessment and future planning.
Length of course
Who should attend?
All EYFS practitioners, and Year R teachers.
Delegates need to be working within the EYFS.
Also, please bring a copy of the Southampton Learning Stories or your own version (paper or electronic) - ideally a completed copy for one of your keyworker children. Please get parental permission in plenty of time or anonymise information.
You will be able to:
- Understand how to collect a range of observational material.
- Understand what makes an effective and informative observation.
- Understand how this links to the EYFS.
- Understand how to use observations to inform assessment and future planning.
- Understand the different methods for recording observations.
|Prices for this course||Usual Price|
|Southampton maintained schools||£80|
|Subsidised price for Southampton PVI Early Years & Childcare providers and voluntary organisations||£60|
|Academies, free schools and other organisations||£85|
Beverages only included.
Future course dates to be confirmed.