Resource Base has been successfully running in Southampton City Schools for a number of years. It is highly recommended for schools with staff who carry out speech, language and communication programmes set by Speech and Language Schools Assistants or NHS Speech and Language Therapists. Resource base provides on-going staff training opportunities in the area of speech, language and communication needs. Participants also get the chance to meet and learn from colleagues from other schools in the area.
“Resource base is extremely useful and covers all areas we struggle with in school. It is also a great opportunity to share ideas with staff from other schools” - Portswood Primary 2016
Sessions are held at Weston Shore Infant School (east of city) and Redbridge Primary (west of city).
Included in the Annual Subscription:
- 6 x 2 hour workshops (one each half-term).
- Two members of staff can attend per school (recommended for learning support staff who carry out SLT programmes within schools).
- A member of senior management is invited to join staff for one session to support staff in transferring the knowledge and skills acquired.
- The SALSA-led training sessions cover a range of topics designed to support schools work with pupils with SLCN.
- Training sessions include presentations, discussions, hands-on practical demonstrations of strategies and resources.
- Participants will receive a working portfolio of handouts and resources, and attendance will be certificated as evidence of continued professional development.
Resource Base workshops are advertised termly.
Schools that are buying in a weekly or fortnightly package will be offered Resource Base at a discounted price.
Annual Subscription: £335/£295*
*Discounted price for SCC maintained schools
E-mail: email@example.com with the subject heading 'Resource Base'
Or ring on 07500 127274