This course is essential for people who have regular contact, or periods of intense but irregular, contact with children and young people. It is approved and monitored by the Southampton Local Safeguarding Children Board and will ensure that those working with children and young people understand and know how to safeguard children and how to respond when they suspect abuse.
Length of course
Who should attend?
- Early years providers
- Childcare providers
- All types of schools
- Health professionals
- Professionals working with children or families
Please note Southampton City Council staff should access Safeguarding Level 2 training through Capita Learning and Development.
If your whole setting needs safeguarding awareness training, you may like to book a session at your venue at a time convenient to you. Please look at how to book bespoke training.
You will will be able to:
- Understand what we mean by safeguarding children and young people.
- Identify possible signs and symptoms of abuse and know what to do if neglect or abuse is suspected.
- Identify vulnerable groups.
- Understand the key legislation to safeguard and protect children and young people and your role within it.
- Identify relevant policies and procedures that support safeguarding and child protection.
- Understand the Southampton Children’s Advice and Duty Service, Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and how to refer.
- Understand PREVENT and how this links to safeguarding children and young people.
|Prices for this course||Early Bird||Usual Price|
|Southampton maintained schools||£125||£140|
|Subsidised price for Southampton PVI Early Years & Childcare providers and voluntary organisations||£65||£80|
|Academies, free schools and other organisations||£135||£150|
|Book at least two calendar months before the course start date to qualify for the Early Bird discount|
Beverages only included.
Tuesday 25 September 2018
9.30am - 3.30pm
Richard Taunton College
Saturday 2 March 2019
10am - 3.30pm
Start Point Sholing
Wednesdays 5 and 12 June 2019
6.30 - 9pm
Start Point Sholing
Safeguarding Children and Young People Refresher Level 2
Safer Recruitment for Education Settings (if appropriate to your role)
Safer Recruitment for Non-Education Settings (if appropriate to your role)
Designated Safeguarding Lead Officer for Education Settings (Level 3) (if appropriate to your role)
Identifying Need: Early Intervention and Making a Referral (Level 3) (if appropriate to your role)
Child Protection Process (Level 3) (if appropriate to your role)