This course is essential for people who have regular contact, or periods of intense but irregular, contact with children and young people. It is approved and monitored by the Southampton Local Safeguarding Children Board and will ensure that those working with children and young people understand and know how to safeguard children and how to respond when they suspect abuse.
Length of course
Who should attend?
• Early years providers.
• Childcare providers.
• All types of school.
• Health professionals.
• Professionals working with children or families.
Please note Southampton City Council staff should attend the Level 2 Safeguarding course offered by Capita Learning and Development. (See Staff stuff / Learning and Development - log in to see courses available).
We can also offer bespoke training at your workplace, please complete our online booking form.
You will will be able to:
• Understand what we mean by safeguarding children and young people.
• Identify possible signs and symptoms of abuse and know what to do if neglect or
abuse is suspected.
• Identify vulnerable groups.
• Understand the key legislation to safeguard and protect children and young people
and your role within it.
• Identify relevant policies and procedures that support safeguarding and child
• Understand the Southampton Children’s Advice and Duty Service (SCAD), Multi
Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and how to refer.
• Understand PREVENT and how this links to safeguarding children and young people.
|Prices for September 2017 onwards||Early Bird||Usual Price|
|Southampton maintained schools||£125||£140|
|Subsidised price for Southampton Early Years and Childcare PVI settings||£65||£80|
|Academies, free schools and other organisations||£135||£150|
|Book at least two calendar months before the course start date to qualify for the Early Bird discount|
Beverages only included - please make your own arrangements for food.
Monday 25 September 2017
9.30am - 3.30pm
Start Point Sholing
Saturday 10 February 2018 (this was originally advertised as 3 February)
10am - 3.30pm
Richard Taunton College
Thursday evenings 17 and 24 May 2018
6.30 - 9.30pm
Start Point Sholing
This course only needs attending once, thereafter please select the Safeguarding Children Refresher Course